There’s nothing like a nice dessert to end a scrumptious meal. However, preparing the dessert, especially a baked one, can be quite time consuming. Fortunately, there are many quick and easy dessert options that you can turn to if you want to enjoy a sweet treat without the hassle.
We’ve outlined some simple no bake dessert recipes that you can easily serve on the fly.
1. Oreo Bars
If you like Oreo cookies, then you’re going to like this dessert recipe. With only about half an hour of preparation time and basic ingredients that are usually found in the fridge, this quick treat is very easy to make. In fact, you only need a microwave oven to make this tasty dessert.
1 pack Oreos
1 pack large marshmallows
4 tbsp butter
- Crush Oreos to small pieces.
- Combine marshmallows and butter and melt in a microwave for 2 minutes.
- Mix the Oreo crumbles with the butter and marshmallow melt. Spread the mixture on a pan or container.
- Cool in the fridge for 10 minutes or until set.
- Cut into uniform portions and enjoy.
2. Choco Chip Balls
This recipe is an easy-to-make alternative to the usual choco chip cookies, which can take time to prepare and requires an oven. Instead of heating up this recipe, it’s made by chilling the ingredients in the fridge. Talk about a dessert that’s quick AND cool.
1/3 cup peanut butter
2 fresh bananas
2 1/2 cup dry oats
1/2 cup chocolate chips
- Mash the bananas using a spoon or fork.
- Combine peanut butter and bananas in a mixing bowl.
- Add the oats and chocolate chips to the bowl and mix.
- Divide mixture into small bowls and cool them in a fridge for about 30 minutes before serving.
3. Cheesecake Cookie Sandwiches
There’s no need to choose between cheesecake and cookies if you can have both at the same time. Cheesecake cookies sandwiches can be done in about fifteen minutes if you have basic cooking ingredients at hand. If you want more variety, you can even decorate each sandwich with leftover toppings from when the last time you baked something.
1/2 cup butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz cream cheese
1/2 cup powdered sugar
40 Nilla wafers
candy sprinkles (as preferred)
chocolate chips (as preferred)
- Melt butter in a microwave and mix with brown sugar and vanilla extract.
- Mix cream cheese and powdered sugar in a separate bowl.
- Combine both mixtures in a single bowl and whip until slightly fluffy.
- Put small amounts of the mixture between 2 Nilla wafers.
- Melt chocolate chips in a microwave.
- Dip the sandwich in the melted chocolate and add candy sprinkles as preferred.
4. Chocolate Cake in a Mug
Probably the easiest dessert recipe to make on this list, chocolate cake in a mug is a good “emergency” dessert that takes only 2-3 minutes tops. It only requires two ingredients – cake mix and soda, so it also happens to be one of the more budget-friendly options you can have.
2 tbsp cake mix
2 tbsp cream soda or cola
- Combine cake mix and soda in a mug
- Mix until smooth and put in a microwave for a minute
5. Mexican Chocolate Tarts
Great as a dessert option or a standalone snack, Mexican chocolate tarts combine crunchy tacos with the rich flavor of chocolate and cinnamon. With an average prep time of only ten minutes, you can have something amazing to follow-up your dinner as soon as possible.
3/4 cup chocolate hazelnut spread
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
1 pinch salt
1 pinch cayenne
1 pack tortilla chips
whipped cream (as preferred)
- Put all ingredients in a mixing bowl and mix thoroughly.
- Put the mixture on top of the tortilla chips as preferred
- Apply whipped cream as topping and add more cinnamon as preferred.
6. Rainbow Graham Parfait
Beat the summer heat with this awesome cold dessert recipe. With plenty of flair thanks to the decorative gummy bear toppings, both kids and adults will love this colorful treat, especially during the warmer months. Best of all, you get to finally put those leftover cake toppings from last weekend to good use!
4 cups cold milk
2 boxes vanilla pudding mix
1 1/2 cup crushed graham crackers
1 rainbow sour belt
1/4 cup melted white chocolate
10 Pez candies
10 flower sprinkles
10 Life Saver gummies
- Combine milk and vanilla pudding mix and whisk for about 2 minutes.
- Leave mixture for about 3 minutes or until the mixture is thick.
- Pour a small amount of the mixture into a plastic cup and top with a layer of crushed graham crackers. Repeat until the cup is full.
- Add a small rectangular piece of rainbow sour belt on top.
- Put a life saver gummy on top of the rainbow sour tape. You can also put a parasol as extra decoration.
- Make mini flip-flops by dropping melted white chocolate into the center of a Pez candy and place a flower sprinkle over it.
7. Choco Strawberry Bites
Chocolate-covered strawberry is as simple as it gets. The sweet and sour flavor of strawberry goes well with the slight bitterness of the chocolate chip coating. Also, strawberry’s a great source of vitamins, fiber, and antioxidants, making them perfect for health conscious people.
1/2 bag chocolate chip cookies
- Wash and place strawberries in a fridge to chill.
- Put chocolate chips in a bowl and melt in a microwave for 30 seconds.
- Mix the chocolate chips and put back in the microwave for another 30 seconds. Repeat until completely melted.
- Take out strawberries from the fridge and dip in the melted chocolate until 3/4 coated.
- Let the dipped strawberries sit for about 10 minutes and chill for a few minutes until the chocolate hardens before serving.
8.Banana Pudding Dip
Bananas are already great dessert treats on their own, but you can always try a few things to make them even better. This recipe only takes fifteen minutes, making this a reliable recipe to fall back on in case you run out of your usual dessert options.
1 box instant vanilla pudding
8 oz cream cheese
1/4 cup powdered sugar
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
1 banana, chopped
1 cup whipped topping
1 1/2 cup crushed Nilla wafers
whole Nilla wafers (as necessary)
- Prepare the vanilla pudding according to instructions on the box.
- Whip the cream cheese in a large mixing bowl until smooth.
- Add powdered sugar, vanilla, and salt.
- Fold in sliced banana and whipped topping.
- Line a small bowl with whole Nilla wafers.
- Pour the mixture into the smaller bowl and top with whipped topping and crushed Nilla wafers before serving.
Dessert recipes shouldn’t always take a few hours to make. These quick and simple recipes are a great way to make sure you always have something prepared, making them fine additions to every household’s homemade menu.